Bruno Kessler Foundation, Povo.
Lectures on Computational Linguistics
Povo, 5th-6th May 2016
Bruno Kessler Foundation
A two-day event featuring tutorials on the following topics in Computational Linguistics: Lexical Resources (Elisabetta Jezek, University of Pavia), Syntactic Annotation (Simonetta Montemagni, ILC-CNR, Pisa), Distributional Semantics (Alessandro Lenci, University of Pisa), Machine Translation (Marcello Federico, Fondazione Bruno Kessler).
Participation is open and free. We welcome participation from Master and Ph.D. students, as well as everybody who is interested in the topics.
The event is organized by the Doctoral School of Linguistic Sciences of University of Bergamo-Pavia and by Fondazione Bruno Kessler.
Anna Feltracco, Elisabetta Jezek, Bernardo Magnini
5 MAY 2016
- 10.30 Opening
- 11.00-13.00 Lexical Resources, Elisabetta Jezek (University of Pavia)
- 14.30-16.30 Syntactic Annotation, Simonetta Montemagni (Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale “Antonio Zampolli”, CNR, Pisa)
- 16.45-18.00 Student Presentations:
- Towards a semantic annotation scheme for Italian NN compounds and NPN phrasal nouns, Silvia Micheli (University of Pavia University of Bergamo)
- The creation of HoDeL, a dependency lexicon for Homeric Greek: problems and perspectives, Chiara Zanchi (University of Pavia University of Bergamo)
- From opposition among verbs to contradition in text, Anna Feltracco (Fondazione Bruno KesslerUniversity of Pavia University of Bergamo)
- Heady-Lines: an assistant for creative headline generation, Lorenzo Gatti (Fondazione Bruno KesslerUniversity of Trento)
6 MAY 2016
- 09.30-11.30 Distributional Semantics, Alessandro Lenci (University of Pisa)
- 11.45-12.45 Student Presentations:
The syntactic annotation of Hittite fragmentary texts, Guglielmo Inglese (University of Pavia University of Bergamo)
Emotion detection from text, Lea Canales Zaragoza (Universidad de AlicanteFondazione Bruno Kessler)
What is an event? Defining and Processing Events in an Inter-Disciplinary Perspective, Rachele Sprugnoli (Fondazione Bruno KesslerUniversity of Trento)
- 14.00-16.00 Machine Translation, Marcello Federico (Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento)
Date e Location
Thursday, 5 May, 2016 – 10:30 to Friday, 6 May, 2016 – 16:00
FBK, Room 102, Via Sommarive 18, Povo (TN)