All systems participating at EVALITA are eligible providing that they satisfy the following conditions: (i) at least one young researcher (Ph.D. or undergraduate student) as a co-author, and (ii) the authors must have open-sourced their software.
Eligible systems are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Novelty with respect to the state of the art;
- Originality (in terms of identification of new linguistic resources, identification of linguistically motivated features, and implementation of a theoretical framework grounded in linguistics);
- Critical insight, paving the way to future challenges (deep error analysis, discussion on the limits of the proposed system, discussion of the inherent challenges of the task);
- Technical soundness and methodological rigor.
The prize for the best system consists of 500 euros.
List of 2018 awardees:
- EVALITA best system: Multi-task learning in Deep Neural Networks (HaSpeeDe, IronITA, ABSITA, and GxG Tasks): Lorenzo De Mattei, Andrea Cimino and Felice Dell’Orletta
- Special mention: Automatic Identification of Misogyny in English and Italian Tweets with a Multilingual Hate (AMI Task): Endang Wahyu Pamungkas, Alessandra Teresa Cignarella, Valerio Basile and Viviana Patti
- Special mention: Bidirectional Attentional LSTM for Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis on Italian (ABSITA Task): Giancarlo Nicola