To achieve these aims AILC pursues the following objectives:
- Promote scientific and educational activities in the field of computational linguistics and language technology applications, in particular those addressing the Italian language.
- Improve the visibility of initiatives and resources from single individuals, institutions and other associations, by facilitating the shaping of ideas and interdisciplinary projects.
- Promote the integration of professional skills, both in the humanities and in computer science.
- Establish and strengthen ties with other national, European and international initiatives in the field of computational linguistics, possibly through the direct participation of the Association in such initiatives.
- Promote the field of computational linguistics within the national policy for academy and scientific research.